We are helping put a smile on the faces of hundreds of little Grimsbonians and we need your help! The Grimsby’s Got It campaign will have a float in the Santa Claus parade on December 4. Your sweat equity and/or in-kind/financial donations will help make it happen!
Anything YOU can offer, no matter how big or small, will help.
- Sweat Equity! Volunteers from 6 – 8 PM on either Wed, Dec 1 or Fri, Dec 3 to construct and decorate the float.
- Specifically, we need folks with carpentry, painting, and decorating skills. If you can cut plywood, construct the float structures, paint signs and displays, and/or decorate 6-foot trees with Christmas lights – we’re talking to you!
- If you have a skill-saw, jigsaw, hammer and nails, staple gun and ½” staples, or paint brushes, felt markers, pencils, and measuring tapes, please bring them along.
- Everything we construct has to stand up to any kind of weather…we never know what mother nature will bring.
- Volunteers! 6 mature individuals for parade day (4 – 7 PM) to walk alongside the float carrying 2’x3’ coroplast signs (very light) promoting shopping local and Grimsby’s Got It.
- Volunteers for 2 hours on Sun, Dec 5 to dismantle the float and disburse/distribute the float structure and decorations.
- Location, location, location! We need a space to prepare the 20’ float. If you have a warehouse, garage, or barn with power and some space to construct the float structures, please consider volunteering your space from Dec 1 in the morning until the afternoon of parade day (Dec 4).
- Vehicle! A large pick-up truck with a hitch to tow the float. Must have a 2-5/16” ball and an electrical plug (standard 7 pin – RV type, electric brakes).
- Materials! For decorating the float:
- 35 strings of green Christmas tree lights
- 15 strings of warm white Christmas tree lights
- 4 white flood lights
- Outdoor extension cords (lots)
- 7 trees stands for live 6’ trees (need to be sturdy)
- Rope for use as guy wires to support the trees
- Green outdoor carpeting or Astro turf, used is fine; will be returned to you
- White or green vinyl skirting
- 4 x 6’ wooden poles
- 6 x 4/8 plywood sheets (3/8” or more)
- Outdoor paint: green, white, and black
**If you don’t have these items and wish to make a donation of $25+ we will purchase the items needed locally. We plan to give any purchased items a second life and donate them to local charitable or non-profit organizations.
- 2 powerful amps or speakers
- A recording device to play the holiday music
Heartfelt thanks to residents and businesses alike for helping, and for continuing to promote the message to Shop Where Your ❤ Is – Grimsby.