Susan began her retail career in Vancouver, British Columbia with opportunities over 35 years taking her to markets in British Columbia, Atlantic Canada, Alberta, Ontario and across the USA.
Roles ranged from regional and national operations, merchandising, human resources and finally project management overseeing large business initiatives for both new business concepts to reimagining current ones.
A few of the organizations she worked at were IKEA, Club Monaco and Walmart Canada.
Examples of business accomplishments:
- Senior Project Manager – Walmart Canada patient centric pharmacy computer systems
- Senior Program Manager - Walmart Canada Online Grocery service and Distribution Centre
- Senior Project Manager – National rollout of a field level human resource structure at Walmart Canada
- Director of Operations – Launch of the first Caban store (Club Monaco home furnishings) in Toronto on Queen Street
- Director of Operations – Launch of Club Monaco Outlet stores in Canada and the USA
Examples of a few personal (business) initiatives:
- Partnership with Cornell University developing an online Walmart Canada executive leadership program
- Partnership and donation to The University of Toronto launching The Walmart Canada International Pharmacy Education Centre
- Communications and group lead for the Women in Retail Leadership organization at Walmart Canada
Susan is now retired in Grimsby and currently supports on the Grimsby Economic Development Advisory Committee.