Margo Wynhofen, Mortgage Broker/Owner, Verico One Mortgage Corp.
One Mortgage Broker. Many Mortgage Solutions.
Since 1998, I have been providing expert mortgage advice to clients looking to purchase residential real estate, or for the renewal or refinance an an existing residential property mortgage.
Are you looking for the best rate? I am confident that I can secure a great interest rate for you, but, when shopping for a mortgage, the biggest mistake that a consumer can make is to base the decision solely on the interest rate. Yes, the rate is important, but it should not be the only point you base your decision on!
Ask yourself the following questions before you commit to a "great rate" mortgage:
- What kind of service do I expect to receive from this mortgage lender, and from my mortgage broker, once my mortgage has funded?
- How will I be treated at renewal time? Will I be offered competitive pricing then, and if not, how difficult will it be for me to transfer this mortgage to another institution?
- Do I understand the "fine print" - specifically how the prepayment penalty is calculated?
- How difficult will it be to make changes to my mortgage mid-term, such as applying to transfer the mortgage if I need to move to another home, or to make a lump-sum prepayment?
- If my advisor is a bank employee, limited to offering me bank products, how can I be assured that I am getting the best-available solution for my particular financial situation, and future needs?
My interest rates may not be that different, however, I am different - a distinction that will ensure you are happy with the solution!