West Niagara Agricultural Society
The West Niagara Agricultural Society (W.N.A.S.) is a member based non-profit charitable organization. Incorporated in 2012 under the Agricultural and Horticultural Organizations Act.
As outlined in the Act, the objects of an agricultural society are to encourage an awareness of agriculture and to promote improvements in the quality of life of persons living in an agricultural community by,
- researching the needs of the agricultural community and developing programs to meet those needs;
- holding agricultural exhibitions featuring competitions for which prizes may be awarded;
- promoting the conservation of natural resources;
- encouraging the beautification of the agricultural community;
- supporting and providing facilities to encourage activities intended to enrich rural life; and
- conducting or promoting horse races when authorized to do so by a by-law of the society. R.S.O. 1990, c. A.9, s. 28.