The three West Niagara Chambers of Commerce – Grimsby, Lincoln, and West Lincoln – are collaborating to roll out the Rapid Screening program to our local business communities. We are proud to work together to bring this important program to our businesses and be part of the solution to keeping our communities safe.
Keep everyone safe with FREE COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Self Screening kits
- FREE for all businesses in West Niagara with less than 150 employees
- Pick up kits (by appointment only) in Grimsby or Beamsville
- Asymptomatic employees test themselves twice per week
- Get results in 15 minutes!
- Those who test positive or inconclusive must go for a lab-based PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test
Why do this?
The latest information from Health Canada suggests that up to 1/3 of people carrying the virus are asymptomatic. Over 50% of known cases were transmitted by an asymptomatic carrier. This makes it incredibly important to find asymptomatic carriers in order to combat the spread and get to a more normalized community life.
A COVID-19 rapid screening test can be performed anywhere (i.e. at your workplace) and does not require shipping a specimen to a lab for processing. It takes approximately 15 minutes to see the results. Regular and frequent testing increases the chances of early identification of cases.
How does the Program work?
- Small businesses select a representative from their company to be the “Screening Supervisor” responsible for the program
- Your Screening Supervisor signs up for this free program on this web page, completes the Program Agreement form (PASP), books a 15-minute appointment to pick up a two-week supply of kits, and reports their findings
- Employees administer the test themselves, with a gentle nasal swab, under the guidance of their Screening Supervisor
- Test results are ready in 15 minutes
- Anyone who tests presumed positive, or inconclusive, is directed to self-isolate and get a PCR (standard) test as soon as possible
- The Screening Supervisor reports the total number of tests completed, number of positive tests, number of negative tests, etc. on this web page
- Employees are generally tested twice per week
- Reorder your kits on our website as needed
- Kits may not be reordered if weekly results have not been reported
STEP 1: Assign a Screening Supervisor
Please assign a “Screening Supervisor” from your business to administer the COVID-19 Rapid Screening Tests. This person will be responsible for picking up the kits, watching a short training video, and for carrying out the program in your workplace. S/he will receive enough kits to test employees twice per week for two weeks.
The Screening Supervisor should be assigned to complete the rest of the steps below.
STEP 2: Complete the PASP Agreement
Simply print this agreement, complete the fields, and scan it back in or take a photo of it with your phone. You will need to upload it in Step 2.
STEP 3: Book Your Pickup Appointment
Select the location you wish to pick up your kits from below. Then select a date/time, and complete the required fields, including uploading your completed PASP agreement. Please note that if this is not your first time ordering (if you are ordering a refill batch), you must have reported your previous results in Step 6 from your first batch as per the agreement before ordering more.
Beamsville – Lincoln Community Centre (COMING SOON)
Grimsby - Peach King Centre
STEP 4: Arrive at your Appointment at your Scheduled Time
Appointments are required and masks are mandatory at all times.
Location for Beamsville Appointments
Lincoln Community Centre
4361 Central Ave
Beamsville, ON L0R 1B6
Location for Grimsby Appointments
Grimsby Peach King Centre
162 Livingston Ave
Grimsby, ON L3M 5P7
Upon arrival, please go to the double red doors to the side/right of the Peach King Centre main entrance. There is one designated parking space for pick-ups.
STEP 5: Complete the Prescreen Check Before Entering
You can do this before you arrive, or after you arrive in the parking lot from your phone. Based on your answers, you will receive an email immediately after you complete the prescreening, informing you if you are allowed entry or not. If you are, please have the email open on your phone or bring a printed copy of the email with you when you arrive for your appointment.
STEP 6: Antigen Test Management & Disposal
After you have completed the tests with your staff, you will need to properly and safely dispose of materials. Please read this for information on proper handling and management of the waste materials:
STEP 7: Report Your Results
As as per the Provincial Antigen Screening Program (PASP) agreement, participants are required to report all results of the rapid screening tests after completion. Chambers are required to report aggregate data only to the Province – no personal details will be shared. Please complete the form below to report your results.